Sunday, March 8, 2015

A Tribute to my Brother, THE Artist

And....I'm back! Well, sort of. Heather and I are now back to work and trying to come down from our post wedding high. It really has been a tough transition getting back into my groove since there have been a lot of changes going on at work, plus we're being audited (this happens annually). Work on the photography end has been picking up thanks to my buddy Efong over at EmaginePixel - a birthday party last week and a wedding yesterday. I normally would rule out all weddings, but if there is anyone who could get me to be a second, it would be him. 

Now that we are on the topic of weddings, I have been going back and forth on whether or not I should share our montage even before I saw what my brother had done for us. I struggle on whether or not this would be too personal, self-serving or even boring to anyone reading my blog, considering it is about me and my wife. However, the moment I saw the video I felt nothing but pride and inspiration. I have said it before and I will say it again, I never saw myself as an artist. I say this as not to fish for praise but because I feel I merely capture what is around me - the subject itself is art. My brother, Luigi Aranda, on the other hand is THE artist in the family/team because in my eyes he creates. Like individual brush strokes on a canvas, he put together video clips/music/graphics that is not only meaningful but it also drives the whole gamut of emotions. What he did for us was genuinely a labor of love which we are forever grateful for.

Now you must be thinking, how does this all relate to this blog?Well, all the footage he took was taken with either an Olympus OMD E-M1, a Panasonic GM1 or the Panasonic GF3 - mirrorless cameras I rave about all the time. I am incredibly proud of my brother's talents and encourage him to keep it up.

For the video please click the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment