Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Friday Night Lights at Paradiso Crossfit - Something a Little Different

Sometimes you just want an excuse to go out and shoot and I used our local gym's competition as a means to do something different. I typically go out to Paradiso Crossfit with intentions of shooting the athletes in motion.  This time around, I wanted to just take portraits of the amazing people that make up the gym. I thought it would be neat capturing people post workout, but decided to integrate an idea of giving people a voice.  Not only did I have a great time doing it, it was well received by the Paradiso community. Below are some of my favorite shots of the night.    




















All of the shots were taken with the Olympus OMD E-M1 with the 12-40mm Pro Zoom.  When crafting the idea to take these portraits, I also wanted to test the portability, strength and efficiency of the Cheetah V850s. I didn't have an assistant to help out and I can report that I would have no problem going on assignment by myself with one light, one battery, one light stand and an umbrella style softbox. The overall weight was manageable and I remained nimble. The lights delivered yet again.  Thanks for stopping by.

So say we all,
Dino  

No comments:

Post a Comment