Thursday, February 27, 2014

Welcoming a New Member to Our Family...the Olympus Pen E-P5

Introducing the Olympus Pen E-P5

When I sold my OMD E-M5 to my brother to purchase the E-M1, I told myself that if the E-M5 ever went on sale for under $600, I would jump at the opportunity to get it back.  During the last Presidents' Day holiday weekend, Olympus offered a 20% discount on all of their reconditioned gear.  Well, the better featured (well, in my opinion that is) Pen E-P5 fell way under that price and I jumped on it.  Think of the E-P5 as a smaller OMD without the electronic view finder.  

Twin dials 
Some of the major selling points to for me were the following:
  • Wifi connection to my phone/tablet for pulling files on the go and wireless control
  • Max shutter speed of 1/8000th of a second
  • Flash sync speed of 1/320th of a second (similar to the OMD)
  • Twin Dials
  • Sexy retro look
This camera is gorgeous with the Voigtlander 40mm f1.4 prime lens
When I first opened the package, I was surprised to see the camera look pristine and brand new, as if it never left the factory.  The main difference I saw was the packaging, which had "Reconditioned" stamped all over the box.  I was also shocked to see how much heft there is to this body; definitely feels high quality. I'll be out shooting at a local crossfit gym to document the 2014 Open competition.  Expect a review once I give the Pen some time. Thanks for stopping by.

So say we all,
Dino

No comments:

Post a Comment