Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Brazilian Beauty Pageant - Photo Essay

I recently had the distinct honor of photographing a charity event, Brazil Without Barriers.  The foundation's goal is the improve the literacy and overall quality of education provided to children in Brazil.  In their successful attempt to raise funds, the founders decided to throw a dinner/beauty pageant, catered by the talented, Darrell Gilcreses of Mestico Afro-Latin Cuisine.  I will be the first to admit that I knew very little about the Brazilian culture, but I quickly realized the community in Los Angeles is probably one of the friendliest group of people I've ever met.  Not only was I met with smiles, I found it extremely easy to photograph both the attendees and contestants.  Below are some of my favorite shots of the night




I personally loved the intricate head ware 

The Contestants




I particularly liked the way the wind worked her hair

Red Carpet girl - I just loved her smile and outfit



Miss Latina Global

The talented MC of the night, Brandon Fobbs

Backstage Prep







The winner of the night
Just some of the delicious food Mestico Provided

I don't normally eat at events, but I was tempted to steal one of these

Thanks for stopping by.

So say we all,
Dino 


No comments:

Post a Comment