Friday, August 23, 2013

A heartfelt thank you

Almost 1 year to the day, I broke my ankle playing sports.  It was by far one of the most humbling experiences I had ever gone through.  Needless to say, I couldn't have survived without the women in my life. Whether it was my doctor's appointment or work, my Mom drove me everywhere I needed/wanted to go without a single complaint. My aunt fed me, helped me get in and out of bed and made sure I was appropriately medicated (trust me, there were moments were I wanted to down the whole bottle of Oxycontin to get some relief from the pain).  I have always prided myself as being independent; the guy who can solve any problem on my own. When I broke my leg, all that went out the door.  I needed people to help me...LIVE.  There was one person who helped me get through my emotional ups and downs, my bouts of self-loathing and hatred at how stupid this injury was.  She constantly encouraged me and reassured me that I would be back to doing what I loved in no time...shooting photos, running, crossfit, paintball...walking. To this day, I rely on her as my confidant, photo assistant, running buddy, partner in crime, and all around shoulder to lean on.  I don't deserve her but I am glad I have her.


Heather
I'm happy to report that I am back to my active life.  In fact, Heather and I are running the Disney Dumbo Challenge next weekend here in Sunny Southern California (Run a 10k on Saturday and a half marathon that following Sunday).  We hope to see you there.

So say we all,
Dino

PS - If someone can help me identify the artist who coined this triplet stitch, I would be happy to give him credit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment