|Goodbye ol' friend|
It's finally here. After feverishly checking the status on my pre-order, I am happy to say the OMD E-M1 has shipped to my office and is ready for the weekend. I have been OMD-less for the last 2 weeks, as I had sold the camera to my brother (wanted to keep it in the family and he was bugging me to finally deliver). Letting go of the OMD was tough, but I knew that I wouldn't be disappointed with the E-M1. Although I can't say much about the image quality, since I've only had it for 6 hours, here are some of the things I really like about the camera:
1. Good heft and fantastic grip. I may be in the minority here, but I love the heavier feel to the camera. I had the horizontal grip permanently attached to the E-M5, so having an integrated grip with easy access to the battery is a huge plus.
2. The EVF is fantastic. It is noticeably larger and crisp. It will definitely make manually focusing easier even without the magnify feature.
3. Focus peaking, oh how I love the focus peaking. I am a man who loves to shoot with legacy glass, so this is a welcomed addition to the camera. Can't wait to try out my voightlander 40mm f1.4 on the E-M1.
4. Buttons have a more tactile feel and are nicely laid out across the body. The directional pad and center button are no longer mushy/gummy and feel more responsive.
5. Shutter sound is a little louder...I like that.
6. The wi-fi and Olympus Share app work seamlessly together. Installing the app and getting the phone to control the camera took less than a minute to do. I already shared a couple of photos with my co-workers. The photo below came straight out of the camera. Pretty cool, right?
These are just some of my initial thoughts on the camera. I plan on doing a more thorough review with a list of pros and cons once I get a bit more mileage with the camera. You can bet I will be posting a ton of sample pics in the coming weeks, so stay tuned. Thanks for stopping by.
So say we all,
|Bottom right - worst angry face ever|
So say we all,